49ers' Elijah Mitchell (knee) to miss 6-8 weeks
San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell suffered an MCL injury in the team's Week 12 win over the New Orleans Saints and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.
Mitchell suffered his second MCL sprain of the season in Sunday's win over the Saints, and is now expected to miss another 6-8 weeks. The second-year back has had unfortunate injury luck since entering the league, but did show that he can run with the best of them when he played alongside Christian McCaffrey in recent games.
Mitchell has averaged a top-notch 5.6 yards per carry so far this season, but it looks like he could be sidelined up until the NFL playoffs. His absence could skew even more touches to McCaffrey, though the 49ers have previously mentioned their intent not to overwork the former Panther.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off January 26th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) logs full practice for Chiefs January 25th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) expected to do 'everything' at Chiefs practice Wednesday January 25th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (fibula/ankle) to recover 'well before' training camp January 24th, 2023
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (ankle) 'doing okay' ahead of AFC Championship January 23rd, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard suffered broken leg in Divisional Round loss January 23rd, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not practicing for 49ers, will play January 26th, 2023
- San Francisco's Christian McCaffrey dealing with calf issue January 23rd, 2023
- Jauan Jennings (ankle) not listed on San Francisco's Divisional Playoff injury report January 20th, 2023
- 49ers' Jauan Jennings (ankle) limited on Wednesday January 18th, 2023
- Elijah Mitchell (knee) not listed on San Francisco's Week 18 injury report January 6th, 2023
- 49ers' Christian McCaffrey (ankle, knee) available for Week 18 January 6th, 2023