Lamar Jackson (knee) optimism dwindling for Ravens
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson (knee) faces an "uphill battle" to play in Sunday's wild-card game versus the Cincinnati Bengals, reports Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
Adam Schefter of ESPN previously reported that Jackson had a "strong chance" of returning for the Wild Card Round, but according to Rapoport and Garafolo, optimism for a postseason return is dwindling. Jackson hasn't practiced or played since suffering a PCL sprain on his left knee December 4 against the Denver Broncos. Tyler Huntley (shoulder/wrist) will likely make his first career playoff start on Sunday versus the Bengals if Jackson remains out.
The Bengals allowed the third-fewest FanDuel points per game to quarterbacks during the regular season and they had a top-10 pass defense in numberFire's adjusted team rankings. Jackson has a $7,800 salary and Huntley has a $6,500 salary on FanDuel in the Wild Card Round.
- Irv Smith Jr. agreeing on deal with Bengals March 28th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery March 28th, 2023
- Broncos 'won't know...for a while' about Javonte Williams' (knee) health March 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Broncos' Russell Wilson (knee) cleared to resume throwing March 27th, 2023
- Ravens' John Harbaugh a 'big believer' in Rashod Bateman (foot) March 27th, 2023
- Lamar Jackson requests trade from Baltimore Ravens March 27th, 2023
- Nelson Agholor signing with Ravens for a season March 24th, 2023
- Ravens use non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson March 7th, 2023
- Rapoport: Ravens' Tyler Huntley (shoulder, wrist) and Anthony Brown to play versus Bengals January 15th, 2023
- Gus Edwards (concussion) not listed on Ravens' Wild Card injury report January 13th, 2023