Dolphins sign Mike White to two-year contract
The Miami Dolphins plan to sign former New York Jets quarterback Mike White to a two-year contract worth up to $16 million.
White outplayed former second-overall pick Zach Wilson in his time with the Jets, proving his toughness while playing through the extreme pain of broken ribs. The Jets appear intent on finding a new starting quarterback this season and allowed White to walk in free agency, but the former fifth-round pick quickly landed on his feet and will now serve as backup to Miami starter Tua Tagovailoa.
White's primary success in New York came when throwing to that team's outstanding receiving group, and he will now get to throw to superstars Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle in Miami. Tagovailoa has missed time in each of his first three seasons, so White could end up making starts at some point in 2023.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Dolphins re-sign running back Jeff Wilson to 2-year contract March 14th, 2023
- Raheem Mostert re-signs with Dolphins on 2-year deal March 14th, 2023
- Dolphins sign Mike White to two-year contract March 13th, 2023
- Dolphins pick up Tua Tagovailoa's fifth-year option March 10th, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (shoulder) returns to Wild Card clash with Bills January 15th, 2023