Aaron Rodgers intends to play for Jets
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said his intention is "to play and play for the New York Jets" during an interview on Wednesday.
The Packers and Jets are reportedly working on trade details, but Rodgers is expected to be the Jets' starting quarterback in Week 1 next season. That would be an upgrade for Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Rodgers' former teammate Allen Lazard. Rodgers turned 39 in December
Rodgers had a 64.6 completion percentage last season, down from a combined 69.8 from the previous two seasons. He finished with 3,695 yards, 26 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions, marking Rodgers' first season since 2010 with double-digit picks. Rodgers also recorded the worst passer rating of his career at 91.5.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Aaron Rodgers 'tweaks calf' at OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Jets sign wide receiver Randall Cobb to 1-year deal May 3rd, 2023
- Jets, Packers finalize deal to send Aaron Rodgers to New York April 24th, 2023
- Jets trading Elijah Moore to Cleveland Browns March 22nd, 2023
- Jets hire Mecole Hardman for 2023 March 22nd, 2023