Ezekiel Elliott on way out from Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys are releasing running back Ezekiel Elliott.
Elliott will be designated as a post-June 1 release. He failed to reach 1,000 scrimmage yards for the first time in his career last season and is turning 28 in July. Tony Pollard is expected to operate as the Cowboys' workhorse next season if he makes a full recovery from the leg injury he sustained in the playoffs. Malik Davis is the only other back on the roster, so Dallas will likely add via the draft and/or free agency.
Zeke rushed for a career-low 3.8 yards per carry in 2022 and only five of his 231 attempts went for 20-plus yards. Among the 67 running backs with at least 50 carries last year, Elliott was 35th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry (0.03).
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (leg) participating in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Dalton Schultz to sign one-year deal with Houston March 20th, 2023
- Houston sends receiver Brandin Cooks to Dallas via trade March 19th, 2023
- Ezekiel Elliott on way out from Cowboys March 15th, 2023
- Tony Pollard (ankle) officially tagged by Cowboys March 6th, 2023
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (fibula/ankle) to recover 'well before' training camp January 24th, 2023