Lamar Jackson requests trade from Baltimore Ravens
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson said Monday that he requested a trade from the team on March 2nd, 2023.
Jackson has been having an eventful offseason, primarily stemming from a contract dispute between himself and the Ravens; while Jackson has publicly made it known he would like his next contract to be fully guaranteed, the Ravens have held fast in refusing to offer him such a deal. The team shockingly placed the non-exclusive tag on Jackson at the start of free agency, leaving the quarterback free to negotiate with other teams, but Jackson announced on Twitter Monday that he had requested a trade from the team back on March 2nd. It is becoming increasingly unlikely that Jackson plays for the Ravens in 2023, though no suitors have yet publicly entered the picture.
Perhaps the most shocking aspect of Jackson's offseason has been the "lack" of interest from other teams in the 26-year-old former MVP. The star quarterback has been the engine of the Ravens' entire offense over the past four seasons, keeping the ball moving despite the injuries that have plagued their skill position players in recent seasons. In a league desperate for even middle-of-the-road quarterback play, teams theoretically should be climbing over each other for the chance to trade for Jackson.
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy (elbow) on track to begin throwing in June May 25th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return May 25th, 2023
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson 'loving' OC Todd Monken's offense May 25th, 2023
- Rashod Bateman (foot) practicing at Ravens OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Zay Flowers heads to Baltimore with 22nd overall pick of 2023 NFL Draft April 27th, 2023
- Ravens and Lamar Jackson agree to new five-year contract April 27th, 2023
- Ravens' John Harbaugh a 'big believer' in Rashod Bateman (foot) March 27th, 2023
- Lamar Jackson requests trade from Baltimore Ravens March 27th, 2023