Panthers' D.J. Chark underwent recent ankle surgery
Carolina Panthers wide receiver D.J. Chark recently underwent ankle surgery, per head coach Frank Reich.
Chark, who signed a one-year deal with the Panthers last week, might not be ready for the start of OTAs. He will be looking to bounce back after being limited to 11 games with the Detroit Lions last season due to an ankle injury. The 26-year-old has mostly been a deep threat through five seasons in the league, but Reich said the Panthers want Chark to do more in their offense. “We want to develop him into a complete receiver, widen his rout tree. It’s not just going to be all the vertical stuff down the field." Chark figures to start with Terrace Marshall and Adam Thielen in three-wide sets for Carolina.
Chark caught 30 passes for 502 yards and 3 touchdowns on 52 targets for the Lions last season. His average depth of target was 15.2 yards, second-highest among all wideouts with at least 50 targets. He also had a 1.54 average in air yards per snap and yards per route run.
- Patrick Beverley coming off Philadelphia's bench on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (illness) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- C.J. Beathard (shoulder) limited for Jacksonville on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (neck) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Rams' Puka Nacua (shoulder) limited on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Carolina's Hayden Hurst (concussion) remains out in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Tommy Tremble (hip) doubtful for Panthers in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Carolina's Hayden Hurst (concussion) remains out in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Panthers rule out Hayden Hurst (concussion) in Week 11 November 17th, 2023
- D.J. Chark (elbow) not listed on Carolina's Week 11 injury report November 17th, 2023
- D.J. Chark (elbow) fully practices with Panthers on Wednesday November 15th, 2023