Jets, Packers finalize deal to send Aaron Rodgers to New York
The New York Jets and Green Bay Packers have agreed to a trade sending quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the Jets, Adam Schefter reports.
Per Schefter, the Jets will receive Aaron Rodgers, the 15th overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, and a fifth-round pick, and will send the Packers the 13th overall pick, the 42nd pick, a sixth-round pick, and a 2024 second-round pick that could become a first-round pick if Rodgers plays 65% of the Jets' plays. The trade officially makes Rodgers a member of the New York Jets, and opens the door for a new era in Green Bay.
Rodgers' presence immediately boosts the fantasy potential for New York's top receivers, and especially for Garrett Wilson. With Rodgers now in New York, the Packers can now officially approach the 2023 offseason with Jordan Love as their QB1.
- Christian Watson (hamstring) resting Thursday for Packers September 21st, 2023
- Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to Packers practice Thursday September 21st, 2023
- David Montgomery (thigh) DNP again Thursday for Lions September 21st, 2023
- Amon-Ra St. Brown (toe) back at Lions practice Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Joe Burrow (calf) considered day-to-day for Bengals September 21st, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (concussion) absent again Thursday for Colts September 21st, 2023
- Jets' Garrett Wilson 'just had the wind knocked out of him' in Week 2 September 18th, 2023
- Jets list Breece Hall (knee) as questionable for Week 2's matchup versus Dallas September 15th, 2023
- Jets hope Zach Wilson will benefit from tutelage under Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) September 14th, 2023
- Zach Wilson named Jets starter moving forward September 12th, 2023
- Jets' Aaron Rodgers done for season with torn Achilles September 12th, 2023
- Jets officially rule out Aaron Rodgers (leg) for remainder of Week 1 September 11th, 2023