49ers' Elijah Mitchell dealing with abductor strain
San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell is dealing with an abductor strain, per ESPN's Stephania Bell.
Mitchell suffered an abductor strain in training camp, and is reportedly expected to miss 7-10 days. The third-year back has struggled with injuries since entering the league, playing in just 16 games over his first 2 seasons. Fortunately, it seems like this injury won't keep him out for long. He is expected to be the team's RB2 behind Christian McCaffrey in the upcoming season.
San Francisco's rushing attack is plenty capable of supporting multiple fantasy-relevant backs, and numberFire's projections reflect that in Mitchell's RB34 ranking. He should still see close to double-digit touches per game this year if he is healthy and has the rushing chops to convert those touches into fantasy points efficiently.
- Jacksonville's Travis Etienne (ribs) questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) ruled out in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Taylor: Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (hamstring) will play in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Pederson: Travis Etienne (ribs) will be active for Jaguars' Week 13 matchup December 2nd, 2023
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Howe: New England's Bailey Zappe will start at quarterback in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- San Francisco's Deebo Samuel (ribs) available for Week 10's matchup against Jaguars November 10th, 2023
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (shoulder) "on track" for Week 10 showdown with Jaguars November 9th, 2023
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday November 8th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey puts up 118 yards, 2 touchdowns in Week 8 for San Francisco October 29th, 2023
- Joe Burrow near-perfect for Bengals in Week 8 win October 29th, 2023
- Brock Purdy clears concussion protocol, will start for 49ers in Week 8 October 28th, 2023