T.J. Hockenson (back) extends with Vikings, expected to play Week 1
Minnesota Vikings tight end T.J. Hockenson (lower back) is expected to play in Week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, per head coach Kevin O'Connell.
Hockenson was unavailable throughout August due to an ear infection and a lower back injury, but he's feeling better after signing a four-year, $68.5 million contract extension with the Vikings on Thursday. After Hockenson was acquired from the Detroit Lions at midseason last year, he averaged 9.4 targets, 6.6 receptions, 55.9 yards and scored 3 touchdowns in nine full games.
Hock is the TE3 in numberFire's preseason rankings and widely considered to be in the second tier at his position with only Mark Andrews. Our models project Hockenson for 135.4 targets, 88.3 receptions, 856.8 yards, and 7.46 touchdowns this season. He has a $7,200 salary in Week 1 and we project him for 10.1 FanDuel points.
- Wilson: Houston's Noah Brown (knee) expected to play in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Giants list Daniel Bellinger (illness) as questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- New York's Parris Campbell (knee) questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Schultz: Seattle's Geno Smith (groin) 'tracking to be a game-time decision' in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Derrick Henry (rest) good to go in Week 14 for Titans December 9th, 2023
- Buffalo's Dawson Knox (wrist) activated off injured reserve on Saturday December 9th, 2023
- Justin Jefferson (hamstring) not listed on Vikings' Week 14 injury report December 8th, 2023
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Josh Dobbs to remain Vikings starter in Week 14 December 6th, 2023
- Rapoport: Vikings will activate Justin Jefferson (hamstring) off injured reserve on Tuesday, expected to play in Week 14 November 28th, 2023
- Vikings rule out Justin Jefferson (hamstring) for Week 12 November 27th, 2023
- Vikings' Ty Chandler to continue having 'enhanced role' in Week 12 November 27th, 2023