Johnathan Hankins joins Colts on three-year deal
The Indianapolis Colts signed defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins, formerly of the New York Giants, to a three-year, $30 million contract.
For $14.5 million guaranteed, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Colts get a talented player on a defense that sorely lacks it. Conversely, it's a big loss for the Giants, who lose one of the anchors from last year's top-five run defense. Hankins, a 2013 second-round pick, celebrated his 25th birthday last month.
Hankins figures to improve a Colts unit that finished fourth-worst in the NFL last season in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Colts' Carson Wentz reportedly sprained both ankles September 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) returns to Dolphins' facility Monday September 20th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) considered day-to-day for Dolphins September 20th, 2021
- Steelers' Dionatae Johnson (knee) avoids long-term injury September 20th, 2021
- Mike Evans bounces back for Buccaneers with pair of scores September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021