Washington's Kelvin Harmon reportedly tears ACL
Washington wide receiver Kelvin Harmon tore his ACL while preparing for training camp and will miss the season, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Harmon, a 2019 sixth-round pick, had been penciled in as the second or third option in the receiving game behind Terry McLaurin. He had a slow start to his rookie season but averaged a respectable 41.4 yards over the final seven games and finished with the second-most receptions (34) on the team among receivers. Harmon's absence should lead to a larger role for Steven Sims and there also may be more opportunity for Trey Quinn and Antonio Gibson.
numberFire's models expected Harmon to see a 13.1 percent target share (65.8 targets) this season. His 12.2 yards per catch ranked 10th among all rookies with at least 30 catches.
- D'Andre Swift (groin) officially questionable for Monday night September 19th, 2021
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) active for Football Team Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) upgraded for Football Team September 14th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) "limited" Monday September 13th, 2021
- Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) expected to miss 6-8 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) lands on Football Team injured reserve September 13th, 2021
- Washington confirms Taylor Heinicke as Thursday starter September 13th, 2021