Curtis Samuel underwhelming at Panthers practice
Carolina Panthers wide receiver Curtis Samuel "has not been impressive" during training camp, writes Jonathan Alexander of the The Charlotte Observer.
Alexander says Samuel has "regressed since the first day of camp" and that he's been considerably outplayed by D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson. Moore and Christian McCaffrey will see the majority of targets and Ian Thomas is also expected to play a larger role this season, so Samuel may struggle to draw many targets if he's stuck behind Anderson on the depth chart. Samuel had only one reception go for longer than 40 yards last year and his yards per target (6.0) was worse than any other receiver with at least 100 targets.
Samuel is the WR63 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to catch 47.3 passes on 84.1 targets for 548.6 yards and 3.7 touchdowns this season while adding another 86.7 rushing yards. Samuel ranked third-worst in numberFire's advanced per-target receiving metric last year out of the 30 wideouts with 100-plus targets.
- No timeline to return for Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) October 19th, 2020
- Bills' Zack Moss inefficient in return to action October 19th, 2020
- Devin Singletary bottled up in Bills Week 6 loss October 19th, 2020
- Bills' Cole Beasley scores in Week 6 loss October 19th, 2020
- Stefon Diggs scores for Bills in Week 6 loss October 19th, 2020
- Bills' Josh Allen scores twice in Week 6 loss October 19th, 2020
- Rhule: Panthers 'not sure' when Christian McCaffrey (ankle) will return October 19th, 2020
- Update: Panthers' Curtis Samuel (knee) ruled out for Week 6 October 18th, 2020
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel (knee) expected to play Sunday October 18th, 2020
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (ankle) "unlikely" to be ready for Week 7's game against Saints October 16th, 2020
- Panthers list Curtis Samuel (knee) as questionable for Week 6's matchup against Chicago October 16th, 2020
- Panthers looking to get Curtis Samuel more involved October 15th, 2020