Patrick Mahomes will rest for Chiefs Week 17, Chad Henne to start
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes will rest Week 17 against the Los Angeles Chargers, head coach Andy Reid announced.
The Chiefs will likely rest many of their other starters as well. Chad Henne will make his first start since 2014. Darwin Thompson and Mecole Hardman may wind up being the Chiefs' top playmakers.
The Chargers have the No. 18 pass defense in numberFire's schedule-adjusted metrics but are allowing the eighth-fewest FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) limited participant in Kansas City's Wednesday practice February 3rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 2nd, 2021