Washington puts Curtis Samuel (groin) on injured reserve
The Washington Football Team is placing Curtis Samuel (groin) on injured reserve.
Samuel dealt with a groin injury throughout the entire summer that reportedly limited him to just one practice in four months. He will now miss at least the first three weeks of the season before being able to return. Third-round rookie Dyami Brown is expected to see more opportunities with Samuel sidelined and he is the favorite to join Terry McLaurin and Adam Humphries in Washington's three-wide sets.
Brown ranked second in deep-ball yards and seventh in average depth of target at North Carolina in 2020. He also averaged at least 20.0 yards per catch and recorded 1,000-plus yards in each of his final two collegiate seasons while totaling 20 touchdowns in that span.
- Seahawks' Alex Collins (groin) expected to play in Week 7 clash with Saints October 23rd, 2021
- 49ers activate JaMychal Hasty (ankle) from Injured Reserve on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- Darren Waller (ankle) listed as questionable on Raiders' Week 7 injury report October 23rd, 2021
- Damien Williams activated off Bears' Reserve/COVID-19 list October 23rd, 2021
- Garafolo: Seattle's Russell Wilson (finger) reportedly could return in Week 10 October 23rd, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (quad) ruled out for Colts' Week 7 matchup against 49ers October 23rd, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (ankle) not listed on Washington's Week 7 injury report October 23rd, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) ruled out again for Washington October 22nd, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) listed as questionable on Washington's Week 7 injury report October 22nd, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) limited Thursday for Football Team October 21st, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) DNP again for Washington October 21st, 2021
- Washington's Ricky Seals-Jones (quad) returns to practice Thursday October 21st, 2021