Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown
Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Pollard rushed 13 times for 109 yards and a touchdown, and caught 3 passes (3 targets) for 31 yards, in a 20-17, Week 2 win over the Los Angeles Chargers.
Pollard saw just three fewer carries than Ezekiel Elliott and out-rushed him 109-71, while also drawing one more target than his backfield mate. Pollard's running back rush share rose from 21.4% in Week 1 to 44.8% in Week 2. Elliott remains the starter as the Cowboys shift focus toward a Monday night matchup with the New York Giants in Week 3, but Pollard has proven that he should remain involved.
Pollard scored 21.5 FanDuel points in Week 2 and he's averaging 13.9 FanDuel points per game. The Giants are allowing the 10th-most FanDuel points per game to opposing running backs this season.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Michael Gallup (calf) returns for Week 8 practices October 18th, 2021
- Cowboys 'optimistic' Dak Prescott (calf) plays after bye October 18th, 2021
- Dak Prescott dismisses calf concerns at Cowboys presser October 18th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb scores twice in Cowboys' win over New England October 17th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (ribs) will play in Week 6 versus Pats October 17th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (ribs) expected to play in Week 6 October 17th, 2021