Jalen Tolbert "likely" to start in Cowboys' offense
The Athletic's Jon Machota reported that rookie wide receiver Jalen Tolbert is "likely" to be one of the Dallas Cowboys' starting three receivers this season.
Tolbert, a third-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, missed a portion of training camp with a leg injury, but eventually found himself looking "comfortable" catching passes from quarterback Dak Prescott alongside the Cowboys' first-team unit. Michael Gallup (ACL) is a candidate to land on the PUP list to begin the season, and Amari Cooper is now in Cleveland, meaning that there will be plenty of opportunities for Tolbert to earn work behind CeeDee Lamb this season.
Our models project Tolbert to finish as the WR53 in his rookie season. The South Alabama alum posted elite numbers in his final two seasons, with 1,474 yards and 8 touchdowns this past year, and tested like a top-notch athlete at the NFL Combine in the leadup to the NFL Draft.
- Melvin Gordon on Javonte Williams: Broncos 'want Vonte to be the guy' August 17th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) 'undergoing a procedure' August 17th, 2022
- Drew Lock (COVID-19) ruled out for Seahawks' Thursday preseason matchup August 16th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker 'got a little hernia thing that he’s working on' August 16th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) will be "ready to go" for Week 1 August 16th, 2022
- New England's Rhamondre Stevenson reportedly practicing in 'James White role' August 16th, 2022
- Cowboys' James Washington (foot) to miss at least two months August 1st, 2022
- Cowboys' Jalen Tolbert expected to start Week 1 July 13th, 2022
- Dalton Schultz, Dallas distant on new deal June 27th, 2022
- Jalen Tolbert "likely" to start in Cowboys' offense June 20th, 2022
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott having "tremendous" offseason June 16th, 2022
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Dak Prescott 'looks really good' in 'movement ability' June 15th, 2022