Zach Ertz (knee) expected to be out for Cardinals multiple weeks
Arizona Cardinals tight end Zach Ertz is expected to miss multiple weeks with a knee injury, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Ertz injured his knee in the first quarter of Sunday's 27-17 win over the Los Angeles Rams. The Cardinals believe that the ACL is intact, but Ertz will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the full extent of the iniury. Trey McBride will start at tight end while Ertz is inactive, but he was only targeted once on Sunday. DeAndre Hopkins and Rondale Moore will likely be the primary beneficiaries in terms of targets.
In Ertz's nine healthy games this season, he has a 19.8% target share and averages 7.8 targets per game while playing 86.6% of the offensive snaps. In Week 10 with Ertz injured, Hopkins (14) and Moore (13) commanded 27-of-35 targets (77.1%) while no one else on the team had more than three targets.
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Robbie Anderson (back) ruled out for Cardinals' finale January 6th, 2023
- Arizona's James Conner (shin/knee) out in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Cardinals' James Conner (knee, shin) DNP again on Thursday January 5th, 2023
- Cardinals' James Conner (knee, shin) DNP on Wednesday January 4th, 2023
- DeAndre Hopkins (knee) ruled out for Cardinals Week 18 January 4th, 2023
- Cardinals' Colt McCoy out for Week 18, David Blough to remain starter January 4th, 2023