Pelissero: Melvin Gordon expected to sign with Chiefs
Tom Pelissero of the NFL reported Monday that free agent running back Melvin Gordon is expected to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Gordon was released from the Broncos before Week 12 after committing his fifth fumble of the season in Week 11 (the most among running backs in the league). It now appears that the Chiefs, who recently lost Clyde Edwards-Helaire to the injured reserve, are willing to take a chance on the veteran back. He is expected to sign to the team's practice squad this week.
Gordon was not having a strong season in Denver prior to his release, but hopefully a fresh start in a functional offense can help revitalize him. He has 90 rushes for 318 yards and 2 touchdowns, and has caught 25 passes for 223 yards so far this season.
- Update: Jalen Hurts (head) back in for Eagles in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jalen Hurts being evaluated for concussion for Eagles in Week 13; Marcus Mariota in at quarterback December 3rd, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (concussion) questionable to return for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Jayden Reed (chest) active for Packers in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Puka Nacua (ribs) back in for Rams in Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Update: Amari Cooper (concussion) won't return in Week 13 for Cleveland December 3rd, 2023
- Ravens 'getting more comfortable' with Keaton Mitchell at running back November 27th, 2023
- Zay Flowers (hip) will play for Ravens in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) active in Week 12 for Baltimore November 26th, 2023
- Baltimore's Odell Beckham (shoulder) expected to play versus Chargers in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Ravens' Zay Flowers (hip) expected to play in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) questionable for Baltimore in Week 12 November 24th, 2023