Aaron Jones restructures 2023 contract with Packers
Green Bay running back Aaron Jones is set to remain with the Packers for the 2023 season after agreeing to a restructured contract.
Jones contract still has to years remaining, but his salary for the upcoming season has been adjusted. Set to earn $16 million, Jones will instead earn $11 million with $8.52 million of that coming as a signing bonus. The deal significantly reduces Jones salary-cap hit, providing the Packers with more flexibility. Jones signed his current deal, a four-year contract worth up to $48 million, in 2021. For the time being, the Packers backfield looks set to remain a committee between Jones and A.J. Dillon.
Jones started all 17 games for Green Bay this season, totaling 213 carries for 1,121 rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns, with 59 receptions for 395 receiving yards and 5 receiving touchdowns on 72 targets.
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Trey Lance working with 49ers' first unit in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Jordan Love signs one-year extension with Packers May 4th, 2023
- Jets, Packers finalize deal to send Aaron Rodgers to New York April 24th, 2023
- Aaron Rodgers intends to play for Jets March 15th, 2023
- Packers re-sign Keisean Nixon to one-year contract March 13th, 2023
- Aaron Jones restructures 2023 contract with Packers February 17th, 2023