Thomas Davis' wife says Panthers' linebacker playing through broken ribs
Carolina Panthers linebackers Thomas Davis' wife, Kelly, says he's been “playing three or four weeks with completely broken ribs."
According to his wife, Davis fractured his ribs against the New Orleans Saints in Week 3, a game in which he made a brief exit due to what was described as a rib injury before returning. He hasn't missed a game this season and was on the field for all 38 defensive snaps in Week 7. The Panthers say Kelly's claims are "overstated."
Davis has 33 tackles (29 solo) with 2 sacks in seven games this season and numberFire's models project him for 55.4 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1.5 pass deflections, 0.3 interceptions, 0.7 fumbles forced, and 0.4 fumbles recovered over the remainder of the season. The Panthers enter Week 8 ranked 7th in schedule-adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Patriots release Cody Kessler April 1st, 2020
- Timmy Jernigan reportedly signs with Texans April 1st, 2020
- Jadeveon Clowney, Titans having talks April 1st, 2020
- Patriots' Jarrett Stidham on 'inside track' for starting job April 1st, 2020
- Titans reportedly add defensive end Jack Crawford March 31st, 2020
- Jets reportedly re-sign quarterback David Fales March 31st, 2020
- Tyrod Taylor 'in driver seat' to start for Chargers April 1st, 2020
- Chargers' Chris Harris expected to play in slot role March 31st, 2020
- Chargers reportedly sign XFL TE Donald Parham to 2-year pact March 25th, 2020
- Chargers reportedly sign linebacker Nick Vigil to one-year deal March 24th, 2020
- Panthers reportedly releasing Cam Newton on Tuesday March 24th, 2020
- Patriots reportedly 'unlikely' to target Jameis Winston March 20th, 2020