Alex Smith (calf) upgraded as Washington prepares for Buccaneers
Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith (calf) has been upgraded to a limited practice participant for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Smith was a limited participant at Wednesday's practice after sitting out Tuesday. Washington head coach Ron Rivera has already said that Taylor Heinicke may need to be involved versus an aggressive Buccaneers defense if Smith is impeded by his calf injury. The veteran quarterback completed 22-of-32 passes for 162 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in Week 17 against an inanimate Philadelphia Eagles team.
Smith is the last-ranked starting quarterback in numberFire's weekly fantasy rankings for the Wild Card round and has a salary of $6,500 on FanDuel's Saturday slate. The Buccaneers blitzed at the fifth-highest rate during the regular season (39.0 percent) and finished with the seventh-best pass defense in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted rankings.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) active for Football Team Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) upgraded for Football Team September 14th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) "limited" Monday September 13th, 2021
- Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) expected to miss 6-8 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) lands on Football Team injured reserve September 13th, 2021