Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game
Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith will not play in the team's Wild Card Round game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Smith has been dealing with a calf ailment for the last month or so, and despite playing the previous week to clinch a playoff spot, the veteran isn't healthy enough to play in said playoff game. It'll be Taylor Heinicke who gets the starting nod against the Bucs, and he'll dictate whether Washington's season ends on Saturday night.
Our models project Heinicke for 227.6 passing yards, 1.1 touchdowns, 1.1 interceptions and 13.6 FanDuel points.
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Jeff Wilson (knee) placed on active/PUP list, out until at least Week 8 July 27th, 2021
- Kadarius Toney activated off Giants' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) placed on active/PUP list July 27th, 2021
- J.D. McKissic bulking up for more work in Washington backfield July 19th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021