Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million
The Washington Football Team is signing quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, formerly of the Miami Dolphins, to a one-year, $10 million contract.
Fitzpatrick will join his ninth NFL team and he has a great shot at earning the starting job over Taylor Heinicke, who signed for $8.75 over two years earlier this offseason. The 38-year-old veteran will also have a significantly superior collection of pass-catchers in Washington, compared to what he had to work with on the Dolphins last season. Fitzpatrick won four of seven starts in 2020 while completing a career-high 68.5 percent of his passes with 13 touchdowns and 8 picks.
Fitzmagic averaged 17.9 FanDuel points per game last year and added the 11th-most Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks. He has graded above 75.0 on Pro Football Focus each of the last three seasons after finishing below that mark in each of his first 13 years in the NFL.
- A.J. Dillon (knee) limited for Packers on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Ravens list J.K. Dobbins (chest) as a limited participant on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (hip) as limited during Wednesday's practice September 28th, 2022
- Chargers' Justin Herbert (ribs) logs limited practice on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) limited for Chargers' Wednesday practice September 28th, 2022
- Denver's Melvin Gordon (neck) limited on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Commanders' Jahan Dotson scores again in Week 2 loss to Lions September 20th, 2022
- Keim: Washington's Logan Thomas (knee) reportedly expected to play in Week 1 September 10th, 2022
- Logan Thomas (knee) questionable for Washington's Week 1 game versus Jaguars September 9th, 2022
- Logan Thomas (knee) limited in Washington's Wednesday practice September 7th, 2022
- Brian Robinson placed on Commanders' reserve/non-football injury list September 1st, 2022
- Commanders' Brian Robinson released from hospital August 30th, 2022