Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million
The Washington Football Team is signing quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, formerly of the Miami Dolphins, to a one-year, $10 million contract.
Fitzpatrick will join his ninth NFL team and he has a great shot at earning the starting job over Taylor Heinicke, who signed for $8.75 over two years earlier this offseason. The 38-year-old veteran will also have a significantly superior collection of pass-catchers in Washington, compared to what he had to work with on the Dolphins last season. Fitzpatrick won four of seven starts in 2020 while completing a career-high 68.5 percent of his passes with 13 touchdowns and 8 picks.
Fitzmagic averaged 17.9 FanDuel points per game last year and added the 11th-most Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks. He has graded above 75.0 on Pro Football Focus each of the last three seasons after finishing below that mark in each of his first 13 years in the NFL.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) placed on active/PUP list July 27th, 2021
- J.D. McKissic bulking up for more work in Washington backfield July 19th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) not participating in minicamp June 13th, 2021
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Football Team for $10 million March 16th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021