Washington's Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Washington Football Team quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) is expected to miss 6-8 weeks, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Fitzpatrick injured his hip during Washington's Week 1 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers and there was some speculation he may have been sidelined for the remainder of the season. Taylor Heinicke will make his third career start, including the postseason, in Week 2 on Thursday night against the New York Giants. Heinicke targeted Terry McLaurin on a team-high 26.7 percent of his attempts in Week 1.
Through 14 games in Week 1, Fitzpatrick ranks last among quarterbacks in Passing Net Expected Points per dropback (-4.96) and Heinicke is tied for 25th (-0.01). The Giants gave up the eighth-most Passing NEP per drop back among all defenses Sunday.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Carolina's Terrace Marshall (concussion) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (ankle) not practicing Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shin) undergoing MRI October 18th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (shin) questionable to return Sunday October 17th, 2021